We are looking for a talented Office Manager to join our growing team here at Presto Engineering. If this sounds like you then we’d love to hear from you! Simply send us your CV and a covering message via the ‘contact us’ button and we’ll get in touch with you. Alternatively, you can e mail us at email@example.com and if you’d like to discuss the role please call us on 01865 883508.
Job Description – Presto Engineering Office Manager – November 2017
Presto is a family business owned and run by Julian Lay and his youngest son James. The focus of Presto is the CNC Machining of precision aluminium parts.
Julian founded Presto Engineering in 1991 and it is located in Stanton Harcourt, Oxfordshire, 10 miles west of Oxford. James joined the business in 2014 and has brought a new dynamic to the team. Together they are taking the business to the next level and long into the future.
About the role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Administrator to take on the full time role of Office Manager. The goal is to relieve Julian of administrative responsibilities so that he can concentrate on other aspects of the business. The role requires someone who is used to working in a small business and has the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously and manage changing priorities.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Progressing customers orders from receipt at Presto to receipt by customer
- Placing and progressing orders with suppliers
- Stock control of raw materials and finished parts and maintain database
- Monthly accounts
- Issue invoices and credit control
- Identify and contact target businesses and generate sales enquiries
- Be first point of contact for all enquiries
- Manage contacts database
- Capture and progress all quotes and enquiries
- Social media activities
- Designated Health and Safety ‘responsible person’
The successful candidate will demonstrate:-
- Experience of working in a small business where every day is different
- A positive attitude and willingness to make things happen!
- A broad range of sales and admin experience, preferably in Engineering/Manufacturing
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and switch from one to another seamlessly
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and keep everyone happy
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Salary – In the region of £20-£25,000 per annum depending on skills and experience
Hours of work – 08.30 to 16.30 Monday to Friday